Holding Words Close


Yesterday I read Jason Reynolds' Twitter post:


Oh, young people. If the frayed and tired elders
only knew how amazing you are.
If they could only hear your feet on the pavement,
your voices at the door of change.
If they could only remember themselves.
Thank you.


I read it again.

And again.

Then I copied it.

This small piece of writing took me by surprise - that such powerful, beautiful prose could be in a snippet on Twitter. 

Tweeted out, just like that. 

I want to hold these impactful words close, for just a while.  

A long while.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my heart just ached and melted with this post. I can't wait to keep these words and sit on them a while. The beauty of an author's words presented to the youth. It empowers a new generation with hope and promise. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm going to get on Twitter right now and retweet!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it as well and was struck by the honest words of hope. They are definitely words to keep and think about. Powerful writing from an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so awestruck and impacted. So glad you saw it as well.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing his words of hope this morning. If only....

    ReplyDelete

Firsts and Seconds

Why is the second of something less fulfilling than the first? "How many potatoes do you want?" I asked my husband. &...